As of Monday, my county had six more confirmed, positive cases of coronavirus (COVID-19). And it seemed that almost as a direct result of that, if not a direct result of that, the decision was finally made to issue a shelter-in-place (“stay home”, as some people like to call them so as not to incite unnecessary panic) order until April 3rd. I am still not sure what the local school district is going to do in regard to whether or not they are going to attempt to fling the doors back open on the sixth, as April 3rd is a Friday, but it would not surprise me in the least if they at least made the attempt since this district has never been known for making good decisions. As I’ve mentioned in previous entries, they are one of the last if not the last to “call” bad weather days… and sometimes they didn’t, even when every other district had, and even when the local two-year college (and four-year university) had. You can’t tell me that this district is not about the “dolla dolla bill” until they prove otherwise. And blocking dissidents, or people who don’t kiss their ass, on social media is not proving otherwise. Especially because the “manager” of the Facebook page admitted that they “were a nineties kid who attended the district (themselves)”, so yeah, I’m at least partway sure that you might know my name. Sing it loud and say it proud, I grew up to become the disabled Katniss Everdeen now, did I not?
Bub and Monster’s occupational therapist has cancelled in-person therapy sessions until further notice, so they may wind up seeing a new occupational therapist “to fill the gap”. Monster will begin seeing a new speech therapist at the start of the month assuming that things do not absolutely go sideways since the speech therapist that he has had since he was extremely young is moving to another clinic, and I did not want to uproot the kids from the clinic that they have gone to since they were extremely young unless I absolutely had to because there was no other choice in the matter… sniff. Their clinic is a really good place.
Soon, I want to get Bub back into speech therapy since he has been on break from that for a little while.
Catholics on Twitter are raging that all dioceses have shuttered church doors until further notice, holding no public masses. Must you insist on public masses in the midst of a global pandemic on the backs of your at-risk brethren for something not necessary to live? Are us at-risk folks really wor— wait, don’t finish that one.
I know that us at-risk individuals aren’t worth anything to you or else you’d peacefully quarantine at home…